Gallery of Sold Lamps
Railroad Inspectors Lantern Table Lamp No. 1918
Railroad Lantern, Inspectors Lantern Light
Add a splash of style to your home with this striking vintage railroad lantern. Once an inspector’s light for examining trains, this is true piece of locomotive history!
Revamped with midnight black paint, an Edison light bulb, a twisted power cord, and a new electrical sockets, this unique lamp dates back to 1929, when Art Deco design was sweeping the world.
Originally manufactured by the Oxweld Railroad Service, a company founded in Chicago, Illinois, this inspector’s lantern showcases authentic age and history and makes a perfect gift for collectors and train buffs.
A 3-way switch activates the 7-watt light at the front, then the Edison bulb in the steel cage above. The lamp boasts a beautiful wooden handle, original to the piece, that makes for easy moving from counter to table.
THE FINER DETAILS
• Originally made by the Oxweld Railroad Service Company, founded in Chicago, Illinois.
• The Lamp stands 19 1/2" tall and 8 3/4" wide and looks great on tables and countertops.
• On April 26th 1932 the lamp was officially patented, making this an exceptionally special piece.
• A twisted electrical cord finishes the vintage look, adding extra charm and allure.
• Wired for the USA and Canada using UL and / or CAE approved parts.